Dinosaur Birthday Party Ideas
Dinosaur birthday party ideas make a fun atmosphere and amuse the guests – dinosaurs may be a little hard to find, but you can still have plenty of fun for little caveman and cavewomen guests! You might want to consider have a cavemen and dinosaurs theme, rather than just dinosaurs, or incorporating The Flintstones into dinosaur birthday party ideas. Hopefully we can help you plan a dinosaur party with a difference!
Dinosaur birthday party ideas make it easy to make invitations!
• Cut dinosaur footprints out and send out as invitations – just make sure they’re big enough to impress!
• Send out dinosaur shaped invitations, with a prize for all kids who can tell you the password at the door on party day – the password being the name of their dinosaur!
• Make the entrance to the front door look like cave with plastic and boxes, so kids have to crawl through to get to the party. You can make it scary with dinosaur noises taped from “Jurassic Park”.
One of the best dinosaur birthday party ideas is to make a jungle atmosphere. Cut out dinosaur footprints from paper and place all over your house or yard, and leading up to the front door. Adding greenery, whether real, fake or green streamers hung from the ceiling will give your cave dwelling a jungle feel.
• Decorate the table with large rocks, green plants and of course plenty of paper or plastic dinosaurs.
• Make dinosaur partywear by sticking stickers or pictures onto paper cups of get some themed dinosaur tableware.
• LOTS of food comes in dinosaur shapes – jellypops, biscuits, chicken nuggets etc.
• Top a cake with dinosaurs and big footprints. You can push mini eggs of chocolate or candy into the cake and let the kids dig them out – messy eating isn’t something the dinosaurs would have minded!
• A birthday banner covered with dinosaurs is great.
• Play dinosaur sounds you can record from “Jurassic Park” in the background, but be careful as they might frighten very small children!
Specials for the special child
• To make your little explorer look the part, dress them like an explorer, in pith helmet, binoculars and backpack.
Gifts and accessories for guests
• Kids always love piñatas, and as they come in just about every shape and size, it’s no surprise there’s a dinosaur one!
• You can either put plastic dinosaurs in sand and plaster and get kids to dig them out, or buy dinosaur dig kits.
• Have plenty of egg shaped candy and chocolate in supply for games.
• Dinosaur puzzles and colouring books and posters wil amuse most kids.
Party favors and goody bags
• Well put dinosaurs in, obviously! Plus candy or chocolate eggs.
• Pictures of the kids hunting dinosaurs on an instant camera make good keepsakes.
• Dinosaur birthday party ideas for favors include puzzles, small coloring books etc all on dinosaur themes – these will pack out a party favor box.
GAMES AND ACTIVITIES
Dinosaur birthday party ideas for games aren’t too difficult.
Pin the Tooth on the Dinosaur
Like pin the tail of the donkey but teeth and dinosaurs! Give each child their own tooth with their initials on and see who comes closest at the end.
Hide dinosaurs, plastic bones, rocks eggs etc in a sandbox and/or in the yard or garden, and have the kids hunt! Let them keep what they find, but stay on hand to help.
Jurassic Park Trek
One of the greatest and most fun dinosaur birthday party ideas is a jungle trek, like Indiana Jones! Set up an obstacle course in the garden or yard. Make appropriate obstacles such as a swamp – made of foam, a tunnel made of plastic, a snake pit full of fake snakes they need to jump over, a tightrope etc.
Hatch the Dinosaur Egg
This is just like “Pass the parcel” but use an egg-shape, and they have to remove a piece of wrapping layer every time the music stops. Who will be the one to reveal the dinosaur inside?
Match the dinosaur
One of the best dinosaur birthday party ideas is to have the kids learn dinosaurs and what different ones look like. Cut out dinosaur shapes and make pairs. Lay one of each pair on the floor. Have each child pick one to stand on, and draw a dinosaur out of a hat – whichever dinosaur it matches, that child is “out” and has to go wait in the cave.
Remember This Page - Add To Favorites