Kids Tea Party Ideas
Many small children love the idea of a tea party. They see it as so grown up! Kids tea party ideas are therefore sure to please, and can be great fun without going to a lot of trouble. Food and drink can be easy to do, and they don’t need to drink real tea of course, if they don’t like it! One of the popular variants on kids tea party ideas is Alice in Wonderland, if the kids know it. Otherwise, a regular tea party will be a great hit.
• Kids tea party ideas for invitations only really have one suggestion - teapot shaped invitations, and make an RSVP card in the shape of a tea bag and attach it with string for a really cool-looking invitation!
Kids tea party ideas revolve around the tea party itself, therefore the table is the main event at this theme party.
• You can get pretty tableware, but this is one party where you may already have everything you need for the table!
• You can always use grown-up best china if you’re careful, as this IS a special occasion…
• Paper doilies on the table are a must!
• You will need a real tea pot or plastic one for serving drinks.
• Decorate the room tastefully, with doilies, balloons, and flowers. Think summer garden party.
• If you use an Alice in Wonderland theme, you can use cards for decorations etc.
Specials for the special child
• Dress for success – kit your little princess out in a tiara and frilly lacy gloves. Elegance is the look you’re
• Deck your lady in jewels! As well as the tiara, go for rings, necklaces, ponytail decorations, bracelets, lip gloss and a stunning party dress. Make her the belle of the ball!
• She could have her own extra special place setting with a goblet, elegant silver knife fork and spoon, and a special cushion.
Gifts and accessories for guests
• A piñata is always recommended, and a teapot-shaped piñata will complete this kids tea party idea.
• Stickers and pretty activities such as bracelet making will go down well, and keep fingers amused at the same time.
Party favors and goody bags
• Little handbags for young ladies make nice favor holders.
• Or choose favor boxes in elegant pastel colors, and decorate with doilies if required for a frilly look.
GAMES AND ACTIVITIES
With kids tea party ideas the guests need to come dressed for a special occasion. So make up a dress up box with party clothes, hats and consume jewellery. Let the kids dress up in whatever takes their fancy, and take pictures for a memorable keepsake after the event.
Fan and frame making
Making fans and frames is a fun activity. If you use Polaroid for pictures, they can make a cardboard frame for their party picture to take home, and decorate it with glitter, beads stickers etc. Make fans from paper and lace doilies, folding them carefully, ready to fan themselves during the tea party!
Make cupcakes and provide icing and sprinkles and colored icing and have them decorate their own cakes. Yummy!
Kids tea party ideas for some great relay races include:
- cup and saucer races, filling a cup from a teapot and coming back with it full
- making sandwich races
- egg and spoon races
- dress up races
- three-legged races
Tea tray races
Kids in relays pretend to be waiters and go to the end of the room and place an item on a tray and carry it back. They add one more item on the tray each time and hand the tray over to the next person. The tray gets fuller and fuller till one team drops their and the other is declared the winner!
Kids tea party ideas can be a lot of fun, and don’t necessarily involve a lot of purchase. Simple ideas can keep kids amused for hours with this theme.
Remember This Page - Add To Favorites