Thomas the Train Birthday Party
A Thomas the Train birthday party is every kid's dream at some stage. Very few boys don't go through a "train stage" at some point! Creating a train party for toddlers is even easier using the Thomas the Train engine as a theme. Thomas and Friends will give you plenty of inspiration for a birthday party to remember. It's also to get decoration ideas etc with a strong theme like this, so it takes much of the work out of party organising.
Thomas the Train birthday party invitations can be simple to make.
• Try invitations shaped like a train, or red paper with black train tracks drawn round the outside
• Give everyone an invitation as a ticket attached to a single piece of track they have to bring to the party, to make a track on which you will run a toy train!
• Take a picture of your child in a train and use as the background of the invitation.
• Party tableware needs to be train shaped or decorated with stickers picture of Thomas and Friends.
• Obviously, a train-shaped birthday cake is called for when planning a Thomas the Train birthday party.
• A train birthday banner is easy to make.
• Balloons with trains are easy to find.
• Make a pretend track and label the rooms with train terms - engine room, dining car, guards van etc. Decorate boxes for train carriages.
• You could also build a train track out of a kit and have fun racing trains or giving each child a turn at operating it.
• Make signal signs for doorways.
Specials for the special child
• The birthday child for a Thomas the Train birthday party simply must have an engineer outfit plus a train whistle of their very own to feel the part!
• Engineer kits of a bandana and hat and whistle are very easy to wear over a Thomas T shirt.
• Of course, their very own train set makes a special gift on this big day, but be careful little fingers don't break it - if you get a train set, only let the kids use it under careful supervision.
Gifts and accessories for guests
• Instead of steam, let little guests puff out bubbles as they choo choo along!
• Train whistles are noisy, but if you can stand it the kids love them! Whoo whoo! You can use one for keeping control, signalling time for tea break etc etc.
• Dispense sweets and candy from a train piñata.
• Coloring books and sticker sets of trains are easy to get hold of.
Party favors and goody bags
• Train favor boxes should contain train goodies and shapes.
• Make your own train treats using a train-shaped treat pan.
GAMES AND ACTIVITIES
Thomas the Train birthday party games aren't too hard to think of - most kids love trains and toddlers especially!
This is exactly like musical chairs except that instead of walking, toddlers make like a train and make train noises, choo choo-ing round in a circle. Play Thomas the engine music, or railroad related sounds like a steam train noise CD. When the music stops they have to sit down, last one down is out!
Train Mystery Tour
Of course, if you can take a real train ride as a special treat all the better, but if not, put each child in a Thomas the Train birthday party "railway carriage" - a decorated box with no bottom they can stand up in. Tie the boxes together and GENTLY take them on a short ride around the yard walking slowly and pointing out hazards so they are safe. If they're safe and free from hazards, try it blindfolded, it's exciting, but move very very slowly and watch our for bumping carriages!
Mr. Conductor Says
Play "Simon Says" but use "Mr. Conductor Says" instead.
Give quiet time in the railways sidings to watch videos or DVD's of Thomas and Friends. After an hour or so of active fun toddlers deserve some rest. This is a nice quiet end to a Thomas the Train birthday party.
Remember This Page - Add To Favorites